Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vanquished: the Block of the Writer

It’s funny how you can be struggling with writer’s block for

hours,
                                         days,
even weeks
and you try and try and try,
until your eyes burn
and your fingers cramp
and your brain turns to mush
but you just can’t write and then…

BAM!

Something happens, you get an idea, and the words come in a rush and it’s suddenly like a Hallelujah chorus!

Bliss
I think that’s a pretty good word to describe it
J

     Guess I don’t need to tell you that MY WRITER’S BLOCK IS GONE! Cause you probably already figured that out, but just so you know MY WRITER’S BLOCK IS FINALLY GONE! Did you get that? MY WRITER’S… oh you got it? Ok, lol.

Yah, I’m stoked.

    And all it took was for me to stop trying (I think that was tip #3 in my 10 Totally Tantalizing Tips to Unblocking Writer’s Block) and a lot of prayer (tip number #10) but at long last my mind relaxed enough and now the words are floooooowwwwwing!

Praise the Lord, isn’t He great?

    Ah inspiration, how I’ve missed thee. Even though I’m a little rusty, I’m also excited because I have two short stories (one of which I’m in the middle of) that I can’t wait to share with you. They’re going to be epic, so be on the lookout for those coming very soon!
   
Writer’s block
It’s probably one of the most frustrating things in the world.
It comes, and it goes,
ebbing and flowing with the tides of our thoughts,
but this time it was NOT here to stay!

Now all the creativity that had been blocked up inside me has burst forth (I have so many new projects I can’t wait to share here!). So if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to embark on one of those adventures right now! But let me just say this:

This summer is going to be absolutely fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment