Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Go Be It!

It’s not enough to just think about it.
Doing is half the battle.

I mean, our words Are very powerful but there’s no point keeping them inside our heads! If we decide: “I’m gonna have more fun this summer, watch less TV, and go live life” but all we do is sit and think about it (probably while we’re still watching TV) well, that ain’t gonna get the job done!
You have to go out and do it!

I was having a bad day one day, you know, in one of those sour moods that not even chocolate can fix (you know what I mean girls, ;) and I kept thinking: “I need to have more fun. I’m going to be happy and have fun. Ok, why am I not happy yet or having any fun?!”

Well, I could waste all my breath on just thinking I was going to have fun
and deciding to be happy,
but I was just going around in circles!

Nothing changed until I actually got up, went outside and “accidentally” got myself into a water fight. I tend to be an, ahem, let’s say ‘mischievous’ person and manage to get myself into those scrapes a lot, but as soon as I was actually out there goofing around and throwing water (ok, running from water) then I finally felt better!
All because I was out there doing it

God is teaching me right now that our words Are powerful, and the words of our thoughts can change our mindset and our mindset cAn chAnge our lives, but that water fight made me realize, to get from point A (I want to be happier) to point B (hey look, I’m happier!) we have to get up and actually do it! And this mentality can be applied to all aspects of our lives.
  
Thinking is the easy part.

But it’s the doing that gets the job done

and just verbalizing it isn’t enough;

you’ve got to act out the verb!

Doing makes the change and change makes the world a better place, in your life and in mine, so I resolve to do more doing, to be a doer not just a thinker, and to start making things happen. I resolve to go be whatever it is I’m meant to be.
Because that’s how Dreams come true

No comments:

Post a Comment