Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It’s all in the Journey

Have you ever wanted something so deeply,
                    so strongly,
so unbelievably badly
that it was all you could think about?

Have you ever had a dream that seemed too big,

Too Wild,
too impossibly grand,

and you felt like you were going crazy striving to achieve it,

but you entertained it anyways?

Have you ever had a Dream that felt so close you could nearly smell it?

    Ahh, I can practically smell the ink! But my book is still in my computer.

    publication is my unbelievably, big, wild, impossibly grand dream and it’s been harder than I thought it would be to strive for. I mean, I knew it would be hard, yet I didn’t think it would be this difficult. But,
no one said it would be easy.
    There are moments when I feel like this is impossible, like it’s too far away. There are moments (especially lately considering the writer’s block) when I think "maybe I’m not good enough" and I ask myself “why bother?”
    But then, I remember THe reason I started wriTing to begin wiTH, back when I was playing storybook games on my computer when I was little:

I love it

    A dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for, and that’s a good enough excuse to keep trying!
    Even though it’s hard, I need to keep researching publishers and agents until I find someone. Even if I hit fifty dead ends, or submit a hundred times and get rejected a hundred times, I can’t give up.

Because with enough
determination
and
perseverance

you can accomplish anything through
Jesus Christ,

and I know a kid like me can make something BIG happen -- something awesome -- we could even change the world!

I mean, why not?

    Besides, I have way too many ideas for my own good and I’m gonna go nuts (or more so, depending on who you’re talking to) if I don’t at least try to do something with them!

    I just want my voice to be heard,
to tell my story
and that’s not going to happen
if my words stay put on my hard-drive,
especially if my tongue keeps saying "it’s too hard".

Cause it isn’t the destination
but the journey getting there
that makes a trip an adventure.

So watch out world! Because this author doesnt know the meaning of the words give up"!
So let’s see where that mentality takes us…
J

 P.S. if you scroll down the sidebar you can read my No-Cabulary  list of all the other words I refuse to keep in my vocabulary ;)

Matthew: 7:7-8
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment