Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Thursday, July 7, 2011

One Step at a Time

Heyu,
Whew, what a week! It was one of those we all have them when anything that could happen did, all at once! That’s why my posts haven’t been real consistent lately :)  
  Also, I’ve been laid up with some minor injuries (I just have a knack for being accident prone) and, although I’m ok, it’s been a little difficult this past week or so to get really anything done, LOL!
  But like I said on Facebook: we will adapt and overcome!
  Actually, this became a good thing; my adversity was the inspiration for this post
   Isn’t it funny how it’s easier to talk the talk, than walk the walk? That’s one of the things I’ve learned this week (not because I can’t actually walk too well, that’s beside the point) but I also realized that the saying is true; you really do have to practice what you preach.
  Y’all know the story of my neck injury and the medical struggles I’ve dealt with all my life (see Four Reasonsto read how Jesus healed me). Well, you would think that after all I’ve been through two little sprained ankles (yah, I twisted both, I’m just special that way) wouldn’t be too big a deal. But I feel I should admit that it did scare me a little to go see the doctor about this.
  Like I said when I mentioned I fell off of Lightning again (Cowgirl Up) you have to just dust off your jeans and get back on. I went to the doctor earlier this week and had X-rays taken and thank the Lord nothing’s broken, it’s just a bad sprain, but the whole excursion was a bit of a boat-rocker for me; it dredged up a lot of unwelcome memories and forgotten fears.
  Everyone feels fear, it’s natural and human. But fear shouldn’t keep you from doing something that you want (or in my case had) to do. I figured this out when I was sitting on the examining table -- which is the last place on this whole wide green earth I ever want to be. I was sitting there, swinging my legs, staring at all the things about a doctor’s office that make me lightheaded, and I’ll tell you what: I felt less like a brave knight and more like an unarmed elf facing down a giant. My MP3 player couldn’t go loud enough, and I was looking for the nearest exit I could get to, when I remembered what it says in Philippians:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Even though I found this easier said than done, I realized I had to trust that scripture and I thought: Ok, Lord, I know You think I can to do this, but You’re gonna have to give me the bravery cause I can’t do this without You.
  And you know what?
  Everything went so smoothly, and the doctors and nurses were all so nice, that by the time we left, the peace of God really had filled me and there was no room for fear!
  I think, sometimes, God asks us to endure hardships so He can show us how strong we really are.
  Through this whole um, lovely? endeavor I learned that if you let God take control He can take something broken and make it beautiful, because He promises to never give us anything more than we can handle.
  So there ya go, that’s what’s been going on in my life, just a little slice of wisdom from my picnic basket of experiences. My feet are healing nicely now, and if my Mom has her way I’ll be duct taped to the couch for a while, so we’ll just see what a couple hours on my computer brings us (I know you can’t see it but I’m wiggling my eyebrows in a sly, devious sort of way). ;)

Hey, just curious:
Have you ever had to face a fear and in the end
everything turned out fine because of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment