Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Monday, December 17, 2012

Painting Inside the Box



Ok, this one was fun to do! Our second to last assignment was a still-life, which was just a giant arrangement of random, miscellaneous junk that really didn't make any sense. But it was really interesting to look at and took up almost half the classroom! This is only a little bit of the whole thing:
  
 
 
The challenge was to make the objects appear as real as possible. Realism is difficult for me; my style is more abstract or nonrepresentational, I guess. But it was fun to sit down and actually paint something that I was looking at. For most of this project I was sitting on the floor, and I didn't realize how cold the linoleum would become after two hours, lol!
Anyways, for my first still-life, I'm pleased with the outcome.



Want to see my last project? Click: here

No comments:

Post a Comment