Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Each Ogre has a Silver Lining

Life is full of Ogres and Trolls (you know, those trying times when it all just feels like too much to handle?). Sometimes, it’s hard to find that silver lining, that one good thing, that reason to be positive, especially if you’re living in a difficult situation or enduring a physical, mental or emotional struggle in your life. It’s hard to look at anything besides the problem which seems to constantly hover in front of your face.

I’ve been there.

I’ve been on both the mountaintop and in the valley.
I’ve wandered the wilderness and experienced the hardships that life can throw.
I’ve been on both sides of the operating room (on the table and in the waiting room)
 I’ve lain in bed wondering: “how on earth did I ended up here?”
And: “will I ever have a reason to smile again?”


    Staying positive can be hard sometimes!
    However, to each ogre-ish situation there’s always a silver lining, a happy note, a positive angle with which to view a situation. If I learned anything from my own hardships it’s that:

There’s always a reason to hope!

And that’s the nervous system of my new segment!

    Coming this October is a segment of posts meant to remind us all that even in our darkest hour a little light can and will shine through a keyhole. There’s always a reason to stay positive, and I’m taking it upon myself to find it and write about it! So start the presses and let the good news roll, as I post about
             Good events

                           happy thoughts

                                                                                                and
daily encouragements

while just trying to find that silver lining and the brighter side
to all the Ogres and Trolls!

Cause, believe you me, there is always a reason to stay positive.
Positively!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment