Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When Space Horses Fly


Ok y'all, here is my third completed painting for this semester! By the way this and Broken but Beautiful were recently featured in an on-campus gallery show.



The Space Horse
 
 
This piece was a two-part project based on a collage I created from magazine clippings. Staying true to my love for horses, I chose a lot of equine related images. But the astronomy theme was totally unintentional! During our process crit I only had the gray on the bottom (intended to be wood) and most of the monochrome horse. Everyone in class thought the wood was actually a moonscape and someone christened it the "Space Horse" and, well, I just ran with it, lol. I love astronomy, too, so it was a perfect fit!
 
 
Wanna see my last painting? Click: here
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment