Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Monday, February 20, 2012

B.Tru.2.Who.U.R

I am a summer rain ...  serene.
I am a hurricane ...  a powerful being.
Unstoppable as lava ...  my creativity keeps flowing.
Constant as the galaxy ...  my Dreams keep on going.




    But when I look in my mirror what do I see? A wilted little wallflower reflected back at me. Yet the person I’ve been on the outside does not reflect the truth within. That timid little creature is not who I really am.


    Shrunken by lies,
                                             belittled     
and judged,

we’ve all worn the stain of society’s smudge.


Opinions, they have no real effect.
And insults? They’re really a foreign dialect.


The fog is clearing from my mirror and at last now I can see,
That what others say and think should not influence me.




Because we have the power to determine our own Destiny;
We have the drive to fulfill our call,
and we're not flowers growing against the wall.



So this is who I choose to be:


I am the tides ... untamable.
I am the skies ...  uncontainable.
Strong as a child ...  I wear my Heart on my sleeve.
I’m not afraid to be the real me.


J



    But the true question is still to be asked, although I’ve made my choice at last.


In the war of individuality,


Who will you decide to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment