Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Monday, February 6, 2012

B.Tru.2.U.rself

Ooooookay, I’ve been thinking lately and I have a question for you: 

How often do you hide your true personality?
How many times do you cover your smile
or change your outfit cause you’re scared of others’ opinions?
How often do you try to “fit in”?
(Alright, so I have three questions for you, lol)

This is something that’s just been on my heart lately. I know what it's like, I’ve been there, when you feel like you have to change yourself into something you're not just so you can fit in. It's hard when you're left on the outside looking in on a world you long to be a part of... but then again it's even harder to try and hide the person you are so you can be on the inside, too.

I say enough!


  We must be true to who we are,

and stop trying to be something we aren't,

and start honoring the things that make us unique.

We are all different for a reason, I mean, no one tells the snowflakes they all have to match! Its time to

be true to ourselves,
our personalities,
and everything that makes us beautiful.


 
What about you?

I know I can't be the only one who's ever felt like they should change themselves, or been in a situation where you're suddenly left standing on the outside looking in. If you've ever been the "new kid", an outcast, or can relate to this dilemma in any way, I'd like to know: what do you think?

J

No comments:

Post a Comment