Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Monday, December 20, 2010

Coloring Outside the Lines

I feel like I’m sailing the ship S.S. Possibilities and imagination is filling my sails.
 But even though these seas are rough, I’m going to make it to port.

   Lol, nice metaphor, huh?
But it’s true.

My dad and I are talking a lot about how to get where I want to go and it got me thinking:

We’re never going to get anywhere unless we think outside the box.

I mean, seriously,
Edison probably thought light bulbs were a radical concept at first!

                                                But he tried it,
it worked,

                                                   and today we’re illuminated
(I mean, look at New York)!

So why should we confine ourselves to conventional thinking? We are artists, aren’t we? Then we should use our artistic ‘flair’ to enter into the world in unconventional ways. I’m going to keep musing on that, so I’ll just say this:

Life sure is Boring when you color inside the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment