Anything worth doing will have struggles. But anything worth the struggle is worth doing ~ Megan Finsel

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Part of My Journey

And so the plot thickens!
I learned this week that one of the publishers on my list has a deadline for submissions!
                                              Du
 du
                                 duuuuuu!
Turns out they only accept submissions between the months of June and December so I only have a month and a half left! Whew, no pressure there.
But that’s ok I work better under pressure.

So far I have my sample chapters printed, and my cover letter is nearly done but it’s my synopsis that’s becoming my nemesis.

Did you know I have trouble writing short works?
Well I do.
And this summery of my novel is supposed to be only one page! Either I tweak the margins (which I won’t) and shrink the font to     microscopic size    (which I obviously can’t) or……… I don’t know. How do I describe almost 300 pages in one?
But I guess I shouldn't Defeat myself before I try.

I should welcome the challenge, I mean, it’s a good workout for my creativity. And I’m not doing this alone; the Lord and my family are here to help me. So I’ll just keep on keepin’ on I guess. My send out date is November 30, and it’s coming quick so I’d better get back to work. Victory wouldn't be as sweet without overcoming adversity.
It’s all just part of my Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment